The adage “look before you leap” has its place for good reason. No one wants to jump into something that’s not going to work as planned.
You think you want to move to the Cloud, but how do you know what platform best suits your specific needs? Which products are going to accomplish what you want better than others? And what about service and support — do you need it all, some, or none?
Data Resolution is Here to Help
As a three-time winner of both the Microsoft Dynamics Hoster of the Year award and the Microsoft President’s Club, we can answer your questions — all your questions — about the Cloud and Microsoft products in the Cloud. Believe us, we’ve heard them all.
If you’re unsure or confused about what you need or what’s best for you, give us a call. We’ll listen, answer, and help you get to a place where you’re comfortable deciding which platform, products, licensing, and support best suit your unique situation.
Channel Partners and End Users
We’re here to help you navigate the world of Microsoft.
If you’ve asked any of the questions below — or others — and still need help figuring out what’s best for you, call us. We’ll help make your decisions easy.
Cloud Questions to Consider:
- Which platform is best for my company: AWS, Azure, or a Private Cloud?
- How safe and secure is each option?
- Is it worth moving to the Cloud if I’m still concerned about security and reliability?
- What can I do in the Cloud and what can’t I do?
- Where is the Cloud and why does it matter?
- How much storage do I need?
- What’s a virtual machine and what can I run on it?
- Can I scale up and down? How?
Product Questions to Consider:
- What’s the difference between SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint Enterprise, SharePoint Foundation, and SharePoint online?
- What’s the difference between Dynamics GP, NAV, AX, and SL — and do I need the Enterprise or Business edition?
- What is Dynamics 365?
- What products are compatible with Office 365?
- Can I use my on-premise Office products with anything in the Cloud?
- What devices are supported by Office 365? By Sharepoint? By Dynamics?
- How many devices can I install my products on?
Licensing Questions to Consider:
- What kind of license do I need?
- Can I use my on-premise license(s) in the Cloud?
- What is license mobility?
- How do I optimize my licensing costs?
- Can I move back on-premises once I’ve transitioned to Office 365?
- How many license do I need and, if that changes, can I get more or get rid of some?
- How does moving to the Cloud affect my current licenses?
- What are dual-access rights and do I have them?
Cost and Support Questions to Consider:
- What will it cost?
- How many bills should I expect to get?
- Will you help me with migration and provisioning?
- What happens if the Cloud isn’t available when I need it?
- How do we enable our end users and ensure they use the Cloud?
- What do I need to install to make everything work?
- Who monitors and maintains the server?
- Who does the patches and upgrades?
- What amount of control do I have over changes I need to make?